Menu Plan Monday 3/6/17



Okra and Snap Peas


Last week, I unexpectedly took some time off from work and while I didn't have much time for planning fun activities.....that extra time allowed me to cook a few things from my menu that required a little more labor that what I usually like to do on a weeknight.  I had every intention of making this recipe, but after having a very disappointing restaurant meal on Monday night, I added this comfort meal to my crock pot so I could have something I truly liked for dinner. 


Our weather cooled off just enough to make Stuffed Pepper/Popper Soup




 I used Trader Joe's soy chorizo and then on Ty's insistence added the whole browned amount in the pot.  The end result was too thick to be called soup after I used my immersion blender for the lentils and added the entire package of browned soy chorizo.  This mixture produced a hearty sauce that has a subtle, sweet/smoky undertone from the smoked paprika.  The lentils combined with the chorizo made the texture exactly what you would expect from a meaty bolognese.  I used chicken stock for the liquid but vegetable stock could be substituted to make this meal entirely vegetarian.

Using some of the leftover sauce, I made 
Eggplant Parmesan Stacks with Bucatini

This is Ty's creation/version of a Ramen bowl and of course with the Sriracha...always with the burn your face off Sriracha.  I wasn't always a wimp with heat, I guess I had developed a tolerance, which is now gone.  Guess I can't take fiery anymore.

I made peanut butter chip brownies and completely forgot to take a picture of them.  I bought a 16 oz bag of Reese's peanut butter baking mini chips for a song at an Ollie's store.  Now I want to bake just so I can throw them in the batter.   I am crushing on anything peanut butter right now!  

I'm back at work today, grumpy and slightly depressed 😩, at least my menu makes me smile.

Here's what's on our menu this week:

Parmesan Tilapia with Oven Baked Fries
Peanutty Chicken probably using PB2

{I'm cooking mine in the oven, sliced without the peel and wrapped up in foil}

That's all, simple easy and using the grill since our weather has been beautiful...although, a little windy.  

Have a great week, and Happy Monday!

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com



Comments