Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies





When I saw this cookie recipe at thedailysmash101.blogspot.com, it immediately made me think of cool days, and since living in Florida always inspires a yearning for cool days filled with banana bread loaves,  I made them for this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge.  The cookie turns out beautifully with a cake like texture and very reminiscent of banana bread itself.  Actually they are MUCH better the second day and really taste like banana bread muffin tops.


BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (I think I would only add 1/8 next time)
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup softened butter (the recipe calls for 3/4 cups shortening, which I didn't have and butter makes everything better, right?)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (defrosted frozen works beautifully)
  • 1 3/4 cup oats (I used old fashioned, original recipe calls for quick cooking)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract (original recipe calls for banana extract which I didn't have)

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Sift together the flour, soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
  3. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla extract beating until just combined.  Mix in oats and bananas.
  4. Add dry ingredients, mix well.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips.
  6. Drop by rounded tablespoons (or use Pampered Chef medium scoop) on to ungreased baking sheet.
  7. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until edges are brown (my oven took about 13)




    The original recipe can be found here.
    Enjoy!



    Photobucket

    Comments

    1. These look amazing! I love bananas and I love chocolate chip cookies but never thought of blending these two in to one fantastic cookie! Thanks for sharing ...I will definitely be trying these!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi i just noticed that you used one of my recipes on the crazy cooking challenge thanks so much I am glad that you enjoyed the cookies they are one of my favorites :)

      Ashley
      www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. banana's and chocolate are always a perfect combo!



      Stopping by from the THE CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE
      OCTOBER MISSION:FIND THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE

      ReplyDelete
    4. How perfect are these!!! They sound wonderful!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Mmm, yummy banana with chocolate! I would love you to check mine out, it's #5. Thanks!

      The Farm Girl

      ReplyDelete
    6. Yum, what a great recipe to try with those one or two bananas from the bunch that always get to ripe before I can use them. I'm #48 in the challenge. :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. I adore banana with chocolate so your cookies sound amazing.

      If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my entry, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps.

      Lisa~~
      Cook Lisa Cook

      ReplyDelete
    8. Your Cookies look great! It is fun cooking with you, I am #15. Hope you are having a wonderful week end!
      Miz Helen

      ReplyDelete
    9. They look amazing and love the flavour of banana in it:-)

      ReplyDelete
    10. Ohh...never would've thought to add Banana to chocolate chip cookies! I bet they were tasty!! Come check out my entry #34, Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies!

      http://kaylasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/2011/10/crazy-cooking-challenge-2-ultimate-hot.html

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment