Menu Plan Monday 10/23/17

This past week, in a moment of weakness and unwillingness to do any dishes, we almost called for pizza and salad.  When neither of us wanted to drive to pick it up we did the prudent...um...lazy thing and searched our frig, freezer, and pantry.  Luckily, the weather was tolerable outside so turning on the oven wasn't a big deal which broadened our options.  I love when I plan ahead and have some convenience items on hand which isn't always the case.  This past year we have decreased the amount of frozen easy foods in our home, opting instead for homemade convenience foods.  Unfortunately, the homemade version requires some time spent in the kitchen preparing.  While I normally don't mind doing these tasks and actually feel quite accomplished when I do, I have had a bit of a flare with my hands.  This "flare", as I call it, involves over the top finger pain with lesions that take quite a while to heal.  Thankfully my son is handy in the kitchen and doesn't mind (mostly) helping me out during these times.  Honestly, I think that night's meal was my favorite!

LAST WEEK RECAP:

Breakfast For Dinner with Pancakes, Biscuits, and Scrambled Eggs
BTW we have decided we love us some turkey bacon


Grilled Dijon Chicken Tenders, Roasted Green Beans and Tomatoes, and Mashed Cauliflower 
This is a horrible picture but the meal was delicious!  I especially loved the cauliflower potatoes!

OMG this Artichoke and Cheese Strudel from Aldi is one of my favorite items now!  I just hope they have more when I shop this weekend.

Eggplant Stacks were our dinner along with the Strudel for the night we did not succumb to the allure of takeout pizza.  Yay us!  Actually I used some ground beef from our freezer to create a bolognese from pantry items and even my son wanted the leftovers.  Quite odd actually.

Yes, I know don't shoot me.  I never, never eat ketchup on anything (not even fries) but I just so happen to love it on steak.  Ty made a marinade with onions that made this sirloin so tender.  It seemed like the onion juice cooked the steak during the marinade process though and it ended up a little over done but still tender.  I'll definitely make this again keeping in mind the shorter cook time.  I'm saving this other steak recipe for when it's cold outside.

MENU PLAN STARTING 10/22/17

SUNDAY
Taco Salad with Homemade Dressing and Turkey Lentil mix for the meat
To Do:  Put shrimp in the frig, make chicken cutlets, chop things for white chicken chili, de-bone rotisserie chicken, make stock, and brine for shrimp

MONDAY
Grilled Shrimp
Rice
Leftover Salad
To Do:  Nothing if weekend prep goes well

TUESDAY
{using the pre made cutlets}
Mashed Cauliflower
Green Salad
To Do:  Put together chicken chili for crock pot

WEDNESDAY
Cornbread Muffins 
To Do:  Put bacon in frig

THURSDAY
Spinach Salad
To Do:  Nothing we are eating leftovers

FRIDAY
Leftovers

That's it for this week....
I am anticipating the start of Fall weather here and I am ecstatic.  75 degrees and sunshine :)

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com









   

Comments