Menu Plan Monday 3/22/10

We had a stupendous week following our menu plan.  I like that word stupendous, it makes you feel like a great purveyor of the English language.

Any hoo,  I didn't have a chance to do my normal pictures throughout the week.  Every time I would think about taking a picture of the finished product, I would have already taken a bite.  And...you know if I've taken a bite, the boys have finished half their plate, so this week I'll try to remember BEFORE I chomp.

I love, love, love knowing what I'll be making on week nights so I don't have to think, and I'm always inspired when I go here for ideas.  You should too.  Oh, and thanks for stopping by..I try to post photos of our meals each day so come on back and leave a comment .  I would love to hear from you!

SUNDAY
Italiano Ravioli 
 Pesto Sauce
Ciabatta Bread

MONDAY
Taco Salad (Recipe Below)
Corn Bread

TUESDAY
Grilled Steak (didn't have last week)
Baked Potatoes
Green Veggie

WEDNESDAY
Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
Green Salad

THURSDAY
Either Green Chicken Curry Stir Fry or
Rice
FRIDAY
Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
Pasta Salad with Vinegarette
Grilled Zucchini

SATURDAY
Easy peasy freezer food or eat out

HAPPY MONDAY :D

Taco Salad Recipe

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
3 tbs catsup
1/4 cup salsa
2 tbs taco seasoning
1/2 tbs chili powder

Mix ingredients well, allow to chill in the frig.

Salad:
1 head romaine chopped to desired size (We use the kind that come 3 heads to a package)
1/2-1 head iceberg lettuce shredded or chopped to desired size

Toppings:
Ground beef browned and prepared with taco seasonings according to package directions
Chopped tomato
Kidney beans rinsed well if canned
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Chopped green onions
Chopped avocado
Crushed tortilla chips or Dorito's

Assembly:
We usually do an assembly line, take what you want kind of thing.  The dressing can start with a premixed Thousand Island, instead of the catsup and mayo, but for me that's too sweet, although possibly less calories.  With all the toppings though, not much dressing is needed.  A lot of the time we use chicken in place of the ground beef and it is just as tasty.

Comments