Menu Plan Monday 5/1/17

Hands down, grilled corn is the most simple, delicious vegetable to make.  Shuck 'em, and throw 'em on a covered grill until they are a nicely browned. {about 20 minutes depending on the heat of your grill} Add butter, add salt, both, or none {like me} and eat it up 😏

Artichokes are a pain in the a**, but I 💗 them to infinity and beyond.  Plain, or even cold is fine by me.

Barbecued Ham, Fresh Sugar Snap Peas, Grilled Corn, and a slice of leftover baguette hit the spot for taste and ease of prep on a Monday night.

Dijon Chicken Marinade
and
Roasted Asparagus, Green Beans, and Grape Tomatoes were almost as easy to make as picking up take out since I did a small amount of prep work over the weekend.  I also had leftovers that made the next night's evening meal a snap to heat and eat.

THIS WEEK:  I'm trying a couple of new things which, fingers crossed, I can add to our dinner rotation.

**Truly Crispy Oven Baked Wings look simple enough.  I'll add this family favorite sauce to coat them.

**Pork Tenderloin {freezer, I never made this last week or the week before}, Crispy Parmesan Baked Potatoes, Green Beans

**Spicy Southwest Grilled Chicken, or Asian Grilled Chicken Salad


**Aldi Carving Ham  or this version{for dinner one night and sliced thin for sandwiches during the week}, Homemade Rice-a-Roni, Vegetable

**One Pan Chicken Picatta

**Sheet Pan Pasta Bake with Chicken and Kale {I'm using spinach}, Green Salad

**Herbed Ricotta, Asparagus, and Phyllo Tart, Green Salad

**Homemade Pizza or this biscuit version..maybe this one.

EXTRA OPTIONS:
I'm headed to pick blueberries this weekend, so of course, I have to make something sweet and indulgent with the fresh berries.  Granny's Easy Peach Cobbler comes to mind because any ripe fruit is delicious in this recipe.  Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake is another viable option since, well, blueberry, lemon, and sugar are delightful together.  By far though, the dish I am anticipating the most, is non-fat Greek yogurt topped with berries and drizzled with local honey.  

GOOD THINGS HAPPENING AROUND MY HOUSE:
My sons aren't much for outside labor....working in flower beds or mowing the lawn is really not their thing.  Me neither, but I came from a family who has three perfectly manicured acres.  This makes me desire the same look...but I want that look with half of the energy expenditure.  I do not have the  time in my schedule to spend hours and hours outside weeding, watering, and clipping.  Honestly, I could make the time, but then my weekends would only be about working in the yard.  Besides, its flipping hot here.
Luckily, my boys have a friend who doesn't mind this kind of work at all.  He is a firefighter who has a little free time due to his 24hrs on, 48hrs off schedule.  He makes extra money.  I trust him at my house.  Most importantly though, he requires no supervision.  A perfectly symbiotic relationship 😉
{finished yard pics to follow this week}

Have a great week and... HAPPY MONDAY!
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com


Comments