Menu Plan Monday 9/26/16

I scored a great deal on pork and cubed steak last week at one of the grocery stores that I don't normally frequent.  I just so happened to glance at the circular in the newspaper {at work, since I don't get the paper at home} and decided I would drop by on my way home.  I'll have you know that not only was the store not crowded {bonus}, I was able to walk away with enough meat to last us for a month or so even if I was feeding a few extra peeps during that time.  I also found and cooked a ham {$1.69/lb} which yielded two bags of chopped recipe ready meat along with a ham and cheese Italian bread sandwich all stored in the freezer for easy weeknight meals.  Has anyone tried barbequed ham? Really yummy by the way.  Another bag of sliced meat is ready for lunches in my frig.  I won't need to do any prep unless I just feel like it :)
{the bone is in the freezer just waiting for a cooler weather to make a pot of beans, or split pea soup}

Last week's meals were not necessarily according to plan, since instead of choosing from the list, we ate a couple of the items I had stored in the freezer for busy work days.  It was nice that neither my son nor myself felt like we had to order in or stop through the drive thru because we worked late and lost ambition in the dinner prep area.  Instead of eating exactly this plan, we ate this..


Baked Egg Rolls and String Cheese with Salami Egg Rolls were dinner one night.

Soft-Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus - Sunny Day Brunch - Cooking Light
Soft Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Feta and Toast another.
{I have got to take a picture of mine...this has become one of my most favorite quick dinners}

We had chicken and rice leftover for Monday night and I made a sandwich with the baked ham on Friday.  Thursday was a business leader meeting held at my Dad's business with a snacky type dinner of wings, sandwiches, veggie trays, and dessert. {not particularly healthy, but definitely tasty} Proof that even with a swerve in your plan, a full freezer with options is valuable.

WHAT I MADE LAST WEEK:  HIGHLIGHT
Grilled Dijon Chicken-Meet my new marinade crush.

DINNER OPTIONS THIS WEEK:


Pork Chop Recipes | Quick and Easy Grilled Pork Chops
Baked Parmesan Potatoes
{haven't made these potatoes in forever, but this is a great easy recipe will post the steps later this week}
Broccoli


Leftover Broccoli
{freezer and carry over}


{this recipe is a guideline...mine will be topped with shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes, green onions etc...actually more like this recipe with a crust and no chips}


Chicken With Creamy Mushrooms Going to try with coconut milk vs cream
{I'm using white wine instead of marsala}
Buttered Noodles
Green Peas


Hawaiian Roll Ham Sliders
or
Turkey Burger Sliders
{depends on whether any ham is left or not}
Green Salad

... Teriyaki Grilled Chicken, and he might just decide to take you out for
Photo Credit
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
Macaroni Salad
Roasted Veg


EXTRAS:


Roasted Broccoli and Peppers


Ham and Swiss Quiche for the freezer


This meal plan appears {and rightly so} to be filled with not so healthy options with lots of butter, cheese and cream. The way I keep my butt size under control is that I tend to be rework each recipe to decrease the butter/fat amounts although I've found that in reality portion control is always key.  I also only make approximately three portions {for the two of us}, which keeps serving sizes in perspective.  Not having seconds for my meal lets me "plan" for dessert :)

Comments