Menu Plan Monday 9/19/16

Sunflowers are a happy flower, aren't they?  


This week's menu will not be terribly ambitious 'cause on this bright, beautiful, hot Sunday I'm just not feeling it.  No inspiration, no distinct craving.....I got nothing this week.
 I know you feel me....if not this week then you'll be with me in the not so distant future or maybe you've been there in the not so distant past.
A word of advice from a my own personal experience though is to forge ahead, push past that uninspired feeling.  Move forward and make some sort of plan.  No, it probably won't be your most inspired but it will be your touch point for dinner and keep you on track to maintaining that hard won habit of planning and cooking you have acquired. 

On that note, here's my uninspired but still published list of meals to keep me on track...But first..

WHAT I MADE LAST WEEK: HIGHLIGHT

This wasn't even part of my menu last week but all the ingredients were available and easy to prepare. 

Chicken Alfredo Pasta.  This was good, not great, and I'm thinking I can do better with a different recipe.  I used milk in place of the cream and thickened the sauce with cornstarch to be the consistency we like.  Ty ate this for leftovers with no complaints though.  My expectations tend to be higher when the calorie count exceeds a reasonable level though.
Trail Mix, I added too much sugar and only had shredded unsweetened coconut instead of flakes but this is a great method especially in the summer.  I think this mixture would be flippin' fantastic as a topping for waffles or mixed in waffle or pancake batter!

Ty's Sunday creation.

WHAT I MADE LAST WEEK:  TWO THUMBS DOWN
These green beans contain every ingredient we like, but sadly were not to our tastes.



DINNER OPTIONS FOR THIS WEEK:
{Sunday meal is for certain, the rest of the days can be interchangeable or something completely new}

SUNDAY
Grilled Dijon Basil Chicken {new} carry over
Baked Buttered Rice {new} carry over
See my review of these two {new} items tomorrow
Broccoli

 MONDAY
Homemade Pizza
or
{freezer}

TUESDAY

Breakfast For Dinner

WEDNESDAY
Turkey Mignon {carry over}
Green Vegetable

THURSDAY
or 


That's it, I made the plan...
Thank God I'm done but I also know I'll be glad I made the effort.

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com
For last week's meal plan and ideas for your non inspired week go here.






Comments