Menu Plan Monday 8/21/17

Coffee flavored beer is delicious...especially when your friend had a hand in creating this delightful beverage. 


I didn't make anything except the chicken from my list last week.  I'm not sure if it is the hot weather which saps my appetite or the fact that I just haven't been feeling particularly creative in the kitchen.  Yeh, and I also didn't shop last week either.  This week though, I went to grocery store on Friday night, cleaned out the refrigerator and made myself ready for the upcoming week.  I'm definitely planning on making a few new things along with a couple of old favorites.

LAST WEEK:
Grilled Chicken in Buttermilk Yogurt Marinade, Roasted Garlic Parmesan Pearled Couscous, Roasted Green Beans with Grape Tomatoes kept us in leftovers for a couple of days as you can see by the lunch container.  I liked this marinade....but I honestly prefer some of the others I've made from Good Cheap Eats, not to say that I won't use it again when I have a little bit of yogurt and a little bit of buttermilk in the frig.



I made three Naan Pizzas which I ate for dinner twice and lunch once.  As always, these hit the spot and heat up beautifully for future meals.

Publix had garlic basil papperdelle fresh pasta BOGO and I made a pesto type of sauce with onions, peppers, roasted green beans and tomatoes, rotisserie chicken {on sale}, garlic, and Italian seasoning.  After sauteeing the onions and peppers until soft, I added the seasonings, chicken, prepared pesto sauce into the pan and then slowly streamed in about 1/2 cup of chicken stock to make a thick sauce.  In total, including removing, chopping, and storing the remaining chicken from the carcass this meal took only 30 minutes to prepare.
Unfortunately for me, there weren't any leftovers from this meal.  

OPTIONS:
I got a another great deal on boneless, skinless chicken thighs again this week so Jerk Grilled Chicken is on the menu again.
I never made the Vegan Sloppy Joes but with the great deal I got on ground beef, I believe I'll try out Crockpot Sloppy Joes with ciabatta buns I got on sale also.

A carry over that will keep the kitchen and house cool is One Pan Fajita Rice.  I already have the chicken chopped and ready to go making this an easy, hardly any dishes, 30 minute meal.  Great for a Monday.

My favorite way to eat pork is using this recipe for Brined Grilled Pork Chops.  It takes a few extra minutes to prepare, but the results are worth the effort.  
BLT Dogs were so, so good last time that I think adding them to our summer menu plan is a fantastic idea even though they might not necessarily be the healthiest option.  Steaming the buns and charring the dogs on the grill is the secret to what makes these great. This time I'm using turkey bacon to top them and I'll make a giant green salad to offset the badness. 😄
Since there are only two of us eating each meal, I typically half recipes and plan to do just that for the Sloppy Joes which will leave me enough to make half of this Tater Tot Casserole.  I'll also be able to use up the remaining turkey bacon.  Rain is forecasted for the end of the week which will help offset the heat from the oven.  Again, a huge green salad to help in the justification process.

I also bought fresh figs this week at the grocery as they were BOGO and I'm planning on getting a few ideas from here to enjoy them for dessert this week.  My son doesn't care for them so I won't have to worry about them being gone before I even get a bite. 

Have a happy solar eclipse Monday!

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com


Comments