Menu Plan Monday 8/14/17

It's that time of year again when I wish that the weather would cool down just a little.  It's unbearably hot around these parts and outside activities between the hours of 11am to 4pm ain't happening for this girl and.....We have at least two months of this to go.  Even grilling on the back porch can be miserable unless it is raining.  We truly sweat buckets for two months of the year and just like every year I'll whine a bit about it but revel in the soon to be moderate temperatures, forgetting {like childbirth}, the worst of it once its over.  That is until the next year.

Regardless, we still gotta eat this week.  Keeping things easy and cool is paramount.

LAST WEEK HIGHLIGHTS:

 Slow Cooker Creamy Beef Stroganoff is a good recipe.  Unfortunately, I cut my beef fairly small and ended up with more of a chipped beef consistency making it more of a beef gravy rather than a true stroganoff,

I got a fantastic deal on boneless, skinless chicken thighs and marinated them with jerk seasoning and then put them on the grill.  So simple and delicious.  The jerk marinade was "hot and spicy"but strangely enough it worked and didn't burn my face off.


After these two meals, I didn't cook because I had a work and then a family dinner back to back.   Friday came along and we ordered a pizza.  It was edible but not stellar.

The most memorable part of our week though, was the 
It was delicious and I'll make this dessert for years to come.
I added more blueberries like the recipe indicated that you could, otherwise, I followed the instruction exactly.  I even measured the fresh lemon juice.  Good move on my part as the result was out of this world.  I might be just a tad biased since I especially love any and all lemon blueberry combination baked goods.  Yum!

THIS WEEK'S OPTIONS:


**Taco Topped Stuffed Potatoes {freezer meal}





Have a great week!

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments