Kitchen Goals 10/14/16-10/16/16


  1. Make small batch apple butter--I couldn't chop any more
  2. Juice oranges
  3. Prep vegetables for the week
  4. Make a ginormous salad for lunches and dinners
  5. Look in the freezer for inspiration for meals {and straighten}
  6. Make chicken stock
  7. Bake the quiche in the freezer
  8. Prep fruits and sides for week of lunches
  9. Make potpourri on stove with fruit and spices
  10. Make bread in the bread maker
  11. Banana bread or Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread or Apple Spice Cake.
I was not going to post this on a Sunday morning, with the weekend almost over, but somehow I woke up at 4:30 this morning and decided that yes, yes I can do all the things!   In addition, I may possibly clean out my email, write another post, and head to the grocery store for a few forgotten things all before 8 am.  We shall see.

UPDATE AT 1:30 pm


Sweet potato slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Baked at 375 for about 40 minutes.
Thanks to my future daughter in law for the recipe...simple but good.  Especially since
sweet potatoes have never been my favorite vegetable.

Look at the cute little pepper heart ;)
Just two of the things I chopped.  I also chopped yellow, red, and green onions.  Took grapes off of their stems and packaged them for easy grab and go lunches.  Chopped broccoli, asparagus, and tomatoes, and lettuce.

Baked the quiche that was in the freezer for lunch today.  Someone {Ty}, really liked this a lot.

Browned ground turkey {amazing deal found on my early morning shopping expedition} and made taco meat for salad tonight.

Sliced six chicken breast horizontally to make for even cooking and then packaged separately, one with marinade, one without.



Baked a loaf of homemade bread...in the bread maker, but still!

Made, chilled, and placed in storage containers six cups of chicken stock.

Made homemade salad dressing for taco salad.

Straightened the freezer.

Packed my lunch, set the coffee maker for tomorrow morning, loaded, unloaded, and loaded the dishwasher.  Took out recyclables to the bin.  Put away hanging clothes, made my bed, ironed uniforms for the week, and cleaned my bathroom.

*Yawn*
Now, for a nap.


Comments