Menu Plan Monday 10/5/15--Menu Review


I'm thinking it won't really make much of a difference if I post my plans for this week or not because with my record of late, things aren't shaping up to follow any sort of guide/meal plan.  Numerous things waylaid  me last week and this one is off to a shining start {insert a sarcastic tone}.  My meal plan addendum started well but fizzled after my first review because I wasn't home enough to make any of the other recipes so...I'm trying again.

I did forget though that I found a bread machine recipe {have no idea where} that performed exceptionally.  I kept having problems with the loaf rising too high {a recipe that came with the machine} and while the bread tasted good, the visual was not pleasing.  I liked this one because it was pretty and tasted delicious.


OLD FASHIONED WHITE BREAD (1.5 lb loaf, bread machine}
1 cup water
2 tbs sugar
2.25 tsp yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cups bread flour
1.5 tsp salt

In bread pan pour water, oil, salt and flour.  Add sugar to one corner of the pan and make a well in the center of the flour then add the yeast.  Set machine for basic 1.5 lb loaf with desired crust settings.

One for sure FLOP this week was Knock Your Socks Off Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage...maybe my technique is off but this one is not something I will ever make again.  We ate the chicken {which was just ok} but threw the sauce away.  Sometimes you win...sometimes you lose.

Looking back though I guess I made more on my list than what I initially thought when I started this post.  I'm not as big of a slacker as I thought, lol.


Here's a quick list for things I might make this week.
1.  Grilled Chicken with Southwest Marinade
2.  Creamy Horseradish Pork with Apple Turnovers
3.  Hands Free Cashew Chicken
4.  Lemon Berry Cheesecake Puff Pastries--not till the weekend.
5.  Grilled Steaks--not unless Tan is home to light the grill, the ignition switch is out
6.  Oven Baked Tacos--Using Turkey
7.  Cauliflower Crust Pizza

I'll update if I get inspired, have a Happy Monday!

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments

  1. I love this... here's a quick list for things I might make this week lol I am going to try your bread recipe. For some reason I always plan to make bread and never get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wasn't feeling super ambitious when I wrote this...just keepin' it real, lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment