Menu Plan Monday 9/5/16



Pretty Flower at Linekin Bay Bed and Breakfast
Photo Credit



On my mind this week....
I bought a new mattress today.  Hallelujah!!
   You see, approximately six months ago, I bought a well rated, expensive supposed to be "soft, yet supportive" brand name mattress...emphasis on the word expensive.  Since then, not a morning goes by that I don't want to slap myself in the head over my choice.  Every morning, I wake up with neck, back, and hip pain and curse this mattress to death by fire.  No really, no exaggeration here. The store that I bought this expensive mattress offered no interest for five years which I decided to take advantage of...they were basically paying me to buy the darn thing, right?....and as hard headed as I am, I wouldn't buy another until I had paid off the one that was ruining my sleep.  In fact, I even got semi used to the "firm" block of concrete that I have been sleeping on every night.  I've learned an important lesson, albeit the hard way, since that fateful purchase day.  The crux of my discovery is that mattresses are an integral part of health and the cost isn't really a factor when choosing what and where you lay your head each night.  My new mattress was about a quarter of the price and already it feels like the quality of my sleep is going to increase at least threefold.
Bottom line, buy what feels good, don't second guess your first impression, and more money which is normally equated with quality isn't necessarily the best value.
Rant over.

I didn't get a lot of time over this holiday weekend to plan for the coming week since most of my time was spent lying around, pun intended, but with the large purchase that I made, I'll be using what I have in my freezer creatively...so here it is.


What we'll eat....

Monday
Labor Day
Snacky Day

Tuesday

... Sausage and Mushroom Stuffed Manicotti | For the Love of Cooking
String Cheese Manicotti
Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Wednesday
Cumin Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe : Ellie Krieger : Food Network
Grilled Chicken Breasts
Roasted Squash and Potatoes
Bread or Quick Rolls
Appetizer: Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Thursday
Leftovers

Friday
Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed & Grilled Rib-Eye Steak | Plantation Olive ...
Grilled Ribeye
Sauteed Mushrooms
Green Veggie

Dessert for the Week:
Blueberry Coconut Crisp

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments