Menu Plan Monday 5/17/10



Healthy worked pretty well this last week.  But, on Wednesday, the menu went awry!  My Mother invited us over for a late Mother's Day celebration which was oh so nice.  She prepared a huge meal that we all enjoyed immensely.  
On Thursday, we had grilled pork chops and baked potatoes.  Oops, no green vegetables, but it wasn't take out or quick pick up from the grocery store prepared aisle.  We have no big plans this week so we should be able to stick to the menu plan with careful preparation on my part.    My goal for this week is to prepare a double meal so that one is in the freezer.  I am wishing myself good luck!  So here goes....and thanks for stopping by to take a look at what we're doing.  Also thanks to orgjunkie.com for hosting MPM each week.  There are great menu plans over there EVERY Monday from real families like you and me!



SUNDAY
Chicken Cutlet
Romaine Salad
Homemade Bread

MONDAY
Leftover Chicken Caeser Wraps
Pasta Salad

TUESDAY
Ham and Asparagus Lasagna
Make 2, one for freezer plus leftover ham for freezer
Green Salad
Quick Rolls* Recipe Below

WEDNESDAY
Porcupine Meatballs
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Make enough to freeze extra meatballs.

THURSDAY
Kids going on trip with Grandparents
No cooking for me!
Leftovers or Cereal

FRIDAY
See Above!


Quick Roll Recipe--I found this about a year ago and printed the recipe...unfortunately the author was not on my print out.  So, I'll attribute it to someone, just not sure who that is.

1 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup milk
1 tbs mayonnaise
2 tbs sugar

 Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.  Oil or use liners for a 6 count muffin pan.  Fill cups with mixture (is about 3/4 full).  Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until browned.  These are SURPRISINGLY good.  After making the first batch, Boy #2  made a second, just so there were some leftovers

AS ALWAYS....
HAPPY MONDAY  :)

Comments

  1. These rolls sound so good! I can't wait to try them! Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment