Ham and Asparagus Lasagna

I found this recipe about a year ago and never had the chance to make it even though I planned to several times.  What day better than Easter, to make an easy recipe that has all of the stereotypical ingredients of the spring?  What a better day to use my immediate and extended family as guinea pigs?  Hmmm....I did make some other family favorites just in case, but....what I really needed to do was make this a double recipe so that I could have leftovers!
 I used chicken broth (homemade-not salted) to thin the sauce as some of the comments suggested but I added just a little bit too much, so the lasagna didn't entirely set after the 15 minute cool down time.  Really, it didn't matter, the sauce in the bottom of the dish was so flavorful that we put it on top of the biscuits that were served on the side.  YUM!

Everyone here asked for the recipe, and my family said "this is the only meal we ever want to eat, ever again!"  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but seriously,  it is good.  Interpretation ingredients: Used Swiss cheese and sharp Cheddar instead of Colby/Jack, and I only had 8 noodles, so that's what I used!

Come on, you know you want to, use that leftover ham up on this recipe.  You still have at least like 3 days until you don the bathing suit...oh wait, that's my sob story.  Look out beach, here I come, jiggly cheese thighs in all their glory.

Comments