Menu Plan Monday 8/22/16

It's Monday again, and even though I unwillingly started planning and preparing meals last week...it's probably for the best and working out okay.  Golly gee, I even remembered to take a couple of pictures of the things that I made.


Avocado Pesto Pasta was just okay and that probably had more to do with the cook than the recipe....yep, me.  Read my honest review here

This oven baked sandwich I will make again for sure.

and this treat I have a crush on.
{I use Aldi cottage cheese...cheaper and tastier}


My goal again this week will be to make three or four meals at home, eating leftovers a few times, and eating out once {maybe more if I'm feeling slackerish}.  

Ty has settled in at home and starts his new course schedule today, which along with work, will keep him occupied and adhering to a more mainstream schedule... like waking at around 8am and going to bed by around 11pm.   I'm hoping that he will eat dinner while it is hot and fresh rather than for a late night snack or breakfast the next day.  Kinda makes me want to go back to eating scrambled eggs and hash brown waffle patties when I'm the only one sitting down for dinner, but whatcha gonna do?  If I could get away with going to bed late and getting up late, work productively, and not feel feel run over by a semi truck, I probably would.
*Sigh*
Regardless, my freezer has been depleted of frozen rice, waffles, pancakes and such so I'll be focusing my evenings on preparing extras for the nights I'm tempted to pick something up.  I won't have any excuses since my freezer will be loaded with easy to make things that are delicious and a heck of a lot healthier.

FREEZER ITEMS
1.  Rice
2.  Peanut Butter Waffles
3.  Quiche
4.  Waffles
6.  Homemade Pizza

DINNER 

Have a happy Monday and a great week!
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments