Avocado Pesto Pasta


This recipe....well, this recipe the jury is still out on.  I ate it and then I ate it again for lunch the next day, but would I make it again?  Not really sure.  To be honest, if I had followed instructions then I could judge with more clarity if this recipe was something I loved or could pass up. 
But yeh, no, that didn't happen.
I forgot to buy fresh basil and the plant on my back porch got eaten to death {literally} by mean 'ole caterpillars.  This meant that I used prepared pesto that I attempted to make fresher so...
I added lemon juice, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, avocado, salt, pepper, and a little olive oil.
After I tasted the serving in the picture, I added roasted tomatoes and peppers to the mix.  That addition made this otherwise unbalanced {completely my fault} dish palatable but not superstar enough to add in to my rotation of pasta dishes I can't live without.
However, my love for Spaghetti number 8 is renewed.

Comments