Weekly Menu Plan 10/12/15



You are not going to believe what I woke up with again this morning.  Ummm...yes, that's right, another sore throat with all the fixin's {sneezing, coughing, drippy nose}.  Luckily I don't have anything much planned this weekend so I'm gonna hole up, take "over the counter" cold remedies, and read books all weekend. I just want to relax and feel better.....waaaah.  My immune system has taken a beating for sure this year. {doesn't help I've worked the last 9 out of 10 days}

This coming Monday meal plan will be the first of many to come that I'll be cooking for one person but knowing that surgery is just around the corner for me, I'm planning on halving my recipes to put at least a few meals for two {my boys will be around} in the freezer.  From experience, I know that during recovery, I have a tendency to eat really badly. {can you say McDouble and a small fry or prepared section mac and cheese} I have some things already in the freezer but like I said in this post, my grill isn't up to snuff and those that are already frozen are meant for well, the grill.  It's like starting from scratch. Good thing I like to cook :o)  I'll be sure to attach cooking instructions to keep those responsible for defrosting and heating up on track.  Without a doubt, comfort meals will rule, which in my book means they have cheese...lots of cheese.


Enjoy your weekend and stay tuned for updates on my progress.

 Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter & Sage
Pumpkin Ravioli with Browned Butter and Sage
I have wonton wrappers that need to be used and the rest of the ingredients are available and in my frig with the exception of the fresh sage.  Not a problem since I'm trying to spend $50 this week to get a discounted gas card.  I'll eat some and freeze the remaining individually, then package in a storage bag cooking the desired amount on serving night.

Balsamic Roast Beef 8
Easy Freezer Balsamic Roast
This cut of meat is on sale at my grocery store this week so I'll make a small one and freeze one for later.  Looking at the picture above is sort of deceptive because my plan is to use the marinade however I'll cook the roast without any liquid on top of a bed of onions.  

String Cheese Manicotti - Easy to stuff manicotti by using string cheese. Weeknight meals don't get easier than this. the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
Easy String Cheese Manicotti
I'll make two dishes and freeze both for easy future meals.

This cranberry pork roast recipe is great for everyday and holiday dinners too | Frugal Family Home
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Roast
This one will be Sunday dinner, along with creamy mushroom pilaf and steamed broccoli.

Hands-free Cashew Chicken | Good Cheap Eats
Hands Free Cashew Chicken
I'm testing this one at some point this week.  Serving with balsamic rice and steamed snow peas.

BBQ Ranch Chicken Casserole 2 from willcookforsmiles.com
BBQ Ranch Chicken Casserole
I'm going to make this one a leetle different.  I'll let you know.

Coconut Curry Shrimp
Coconut Curry Shrimp
Just looks yummy and I have coconut milk in the frig and shrimp is on sale.


Tacos
Chili Joes (plus my favorite tailgating tips)! We love chili and we love sloppy joes! This easy recipe combines the two in one amazing bite for the perfect game day snack! Perfect full sized or as sliders!
Chili/Sloppy Joes

Chopped Chicken from Rotisserie

I'm browning a couple pounds of ground meat (whatever is on sale) for the freezer to make quick meals, tacos or sloppy joes. I'm also planning to get two rotisserie chickens from Sam's club and freeze chopped meal size portions for skillet meals. Putting the bones and skin in the crockpot makes an economical meal even more so because as a bonus I have stock in the freezer.

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments