30 Minute Meal

This particular marinade is my current favorite and this time I made it, then froze it in a gallon size zip bag. {I was worried the flavors might not be as fresh, but it didn't seem to matter} The night before making, I put the chicken breasts in the marinade bag and allowed them to defrost in the refrigerator over night.
My grill's ignition switch quit working so I had to veto the grill, {don't ask, but in my youth I had an incident with the grill and the grill won} and cooked them inside.  No additional oil was used as the marinade had olive oil and it wasn't necessary to avoid "stickage".  The pasta/veggie mix was a frozen item and cooked up in less than five minutes. {not my typical side item, but it worked in a pinch}
I saved {it was hard as a rock} the whole wheat baguette by literally prying it open, wrapping it in foil and baking at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. {and yes, I smeared both sides of the loaf with butter and seasoning}
We were eating in less than thirty minutes which is my idea of a weeknight meal :o)


Comments