Freezer Cooking to start the New Year off right!

Since we haven't eaten at home consistently, I decided that some "fill the freezer" is in order.  For easy reference, I'm going to post the links for the items that I plan to make this weekend.  I read on a blog that I was perusing that you should buy all of your items one day and prepare the meals on the next.  It seems that you can accomplish more that way, so.....that's what I'm doing.


  1. Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
  2. Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken 
  3. Meatloaf (making two)
  4. Egg, sausage, and cheese tortilla roll ups 
  5. Baked Chicken Penne
  6. Dressed Up Sloppy Joes
  7. Cheeseburger Chowder
  8. Ham and Cheese Braid


Freezer Breakfast Burritos\

all photos courtesy of sixsisters.com, ourbestbites.com, tasteofhome.com, and about.com
The first couple are crock pot freezer meals and while I absolutely love to use the crock...all of the meals seem to look the same and aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing.  I'm trying them but I don't have high hopes.  I'll let you know if I'm wrong.  I also read a tip the other day to freeze soup in individual portions using muffin tins.  So simple but I never thought of it...hmmm I guess I'm not using my right brain, or is it left, to its fullest potential. Regardless, Boy #2 likes soup for breakfast and the large muffin tins are the perfect serving size for that.
When I finish making all of these, we will be set for quick meals for the month!

Comments