Menu Plan Monday 10/22/12

We did well again last week and although there were intentional changes (eg: Pink Pasta instead of Baked Ziti) to the menu, all of the ingredients were available in my freezer and pantry.  
I'm now patting myself on the back :D 
I don't plan on becoming over confident though since I know how over scheduled nights + busy working days can = drive through and take out dinners.  Of course this upcoming week is full of swimming, work, and school events so I'm gonna use my weekend time to prep for the week.  Some shopping is in order but not too much as I want continue to rotate my stock, using up some staples that have been sitting around for a while in my pantry. Our star recipe for the week was the Cuban Pork Roast.  I received this very simple recipe from my friend Angie and I didn't even write it down.  It's really that easy!  I'll add the ingredients and method at the end of this post.
It's predicted to be a beautiful week around these parts, fall in Florida is the reason anyone ever moved here!  I hope your week is blessed.


SUNDAY
Saucy Hot Dogs
or Chicken Wings
Roasted Potato Wedges
Moist Caramel Apple Cake recipe
Photo Credit
Moist Caramel Apple Cake
(Taking at least half to family and friends)
To Do:  Put ham in frig

MONDAY
Asparagus-Ham Lasagna
(Family Favorite)
Green Salad
Garlic Toast
To Do:  Grate cheese, 

TUESDAY
Delicious Raspberry Oatmeal Cookie Bars Recipe
Not dinner, but dessert....I'm making these with apricot jam today!
(the kids love this)
Cornbread
To Do:  Put chicken in marinade, check on grill and see if it's working correctly.

WEDNESDAY
Grilled Chicken
Buttered New Potatoes with Parsley
Steamed Broccoli
To Do:  Chop extra chicken, make chicken salad, freeze remaining chicken for later meals, put dough in frig for defrost.

THURSDAY

Photo Credit
Calzones
Adding veggies inside!
Chopped Salad
To Do:  Nothing, probably eating out as we have a long day of swimming districts.

FRIDAY

Photo Credit
Probably eating out with swim team


I will probably do a day of freezer cooking this week but I'm scared to make a full plan as I may be unable to accomplish this if our schedule ramps up.....Boy #2 has decided to participate in soccer now.....dual practice times for one week.  Oh, and I wanted to share  the Cuban Pork Roast Method, so here are the ingredients.
  1. 1 3-4 lb rolled and tied Pork Shoulder Roast
  2. Juice of 2 lemons and limes
  3. 4 cups of Orange Juice approximately
  4. Salt and Pepper to taste
  5. Cumin approx 2 tsps (I will add a little more next time)
  6. 5-6 Garlic Cloves
Place the roast in a dutch oven that has a tight fitting lid, or plan on covering the dish that you use with foil, tightly.  Squeeze the lemons and limes over the meat, add the seasonings and garlic.  Pour the orange juice around the edges of the roast until the level reaches approximately halfway up the sides of the roast.  Cover and cook at 300 degrees for 6-7 hours.  Remove roast from the cooking liquid and allow to stand for 10 minutes before slicing or shredding.  I always prefer to remove the visible fat from these type of roasts, then shred the meat.  The flavor is decidedly unique and one that my family loved.  I will make this many more times! 

and as always....
happy Monday :o)
This post is linked toorgjunkie.com

Comments

  1. Just found your blog from Org Junkie and wanted to say hi! :) I am also doing a Monday Menu link up as well too if you want to link up. :) Have a great day! Erin

    http://www.healthybranscoms.com/2012/10/menu-monday.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment