Freezer Cooking Plan

Since I've cleaned out every nook and cranny in my house, it's time to start cooking............................
I have already deboned 2 precooked whole chickens and I'm making homemade chicken stock right now in the crock pot.  I also chopped the chicken in to small pieces freezing one bag and planning to use the other for my Peanutty Chicken Pasta.  However, after pricing whole chickens so that I can cook my own, I've come to the conclusion that buying the precooked rotisserie chicken from my local store is going to save me some money.  Combined with the price of chicken per pound and the energy costs used for cooking it, I'm going to come out on top  just buying them already done.  The only issue is that the chickens are refrigerated instead of warm.  This makes it quite a bit more difficult to remove the chicken completely from the bone.  Guess chicken soup/stock is going to become a part of the freezer cooking ;p  I may even try to make some cream of chicken for the freezer.  Okay enough chatter, here is the list to get us started in the new year with a freezer full of fast and easy dinners.



  1. Frozen bags of precooked chicken, chopped and ready for use.
  2. Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells (using premade alfredo sauce and about 1/2 the called for cheese)
  3. Chicken Noodle Casserole (using 1/2 cheese and homemade cream of soup)
  4. Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup, will freeze for and in recipes I'm making.
  5. Make Ahead Saucy Sandwiches--nice Friday night easy meal, using cream of soup homemade
  6. Taco Chicken
  7. Taco Beef for Oven Baked Tacos, Regular browned ground beef
  8. Cream Cheese Enchiladas
  9. Meatloaf
  10. Meatballs
  11. Fried Rice


I think this is all that I can fit in my two freezers comfortably without things falling out since I have a large ham that was on special at Aldi.  Have you ever tasted their Spiral Sliced Ham?....it is the best and my family is always sad to see it go away for about 6 months of the year, so I stock up when I can.  All of the recipes above ought to keep us in dinners for about 3 weeks if I cook on my short days and my days off. This will be a good start on a month's worth of meals.



I'm continually on the hunt for freezer meals that really taste good, so if you have any please leave me a comment.  You don't even know how much I would appreciate it!

Comments