Peanutty Chicken Pasta

My Boy #1 cooked dinner last night because I wasn't moving fast enough...I just felt the need to sit on the couch and vegetate for a few minutes.
I think he was hungry....hmmmm.
Anyways, when he started asking me questions about amounts,  technique etc. , I realized that some of my measurements were not correct, so I'm republishing an updated recipe.  This version actually makes the creamy sauce that keeps this in our permanent rotation of meals.  Hope you try it! (or try it again if your first attempt was not good)


Peanutty Chicken
3 boneless skinless chicken breast chopped
1 tbs vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
2 cloves garlic pressed or chopped
1 green pepper chopped
3 tbs honey
1 tbs soy sauce
3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1 tbs cornstarch
2 green onions sliced
1 16 oz box linguine or other long noodle cooked per package instructions

In a skillet heat oil, add chicken breasts and brown well.  Add garlic and pepper and cook until desired tenderness.  In a bowl whisk together chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, peanut butter, and cornstarch.  Add sauce to the pan and cook until thickened.  Sprinkle with sliced green onions and serve with cooked noodles.

Comments