Sunday, January 16, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 1/17/11


We stuck to our menu plan completely last week, and I didn't even have to purchase a huge basket of groceries due to the freezer cooking that I did over the past few weeks.  This week I'm hoping for more of the same.  Hope your week is blessed!

SATURDAY
White Chicken Chili
Cornbread
To Do:  Marinate chicken in buttermilk.

SUNDAY
Fried Chicken (neighborhood shindig)
French Fries
Assorted Goodies
To Do:  Pack lunches, put pork chops in frig.

MONDAY
Grilled Pork Chops
Baked Potatoes
Lima Beans 
To Do:  Nothing!  Off tomorrow.

TUESDAY
To Do:  Make pizza dough for Friday, make salisbury steak for tomorrow's dinner.

WEDNESDAY
Salisbury Steak
Mashed Potatoes or Home Fries
Sauteed Okra
To Do: Chop veggies, chop chicken 

THURSDAY
Chicken Stir Fry
Rice
To Do:  Put pizza dough in frig.

FRIDAY
Homemade Pizza

I hope you have a Happy Monday ;o).  I can't believe that I have been posting my plans for over a year now.  The money and time saved is absolutely amazing.  Org Junkie is one of the best places to get great ideas for weekly meals....so head on over there!




3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Menu Plan Monday. Thanks for the idea of homemade pizzas. I think I am going to add that to my menu this week too!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love homemade pizzas. i just have trouble timing it right while cooking.
    i use the frozen pizza dough that i defrost.
    i put the meat and cheese on but the cheese is too brown before the crust is done.
    should i bake the crust for a bit before i add the sauce and cheese?

    here is my menu plan
    http://fromcristintomommy.blogspot.com/2011/01/menu-plan-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cristin, thanks for stopping by today! I always put a little bit of cornmeal on the pizza stone and bake my crust in a preheated oven (475 degrees) until it's lightly browned (around 8 minutes). I then take the crust out and flip it, then put the toppings on the bottom side and bake until the cheese is bubbly (about 6-8 minutes). The crust seems to get really crispy this way. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete