Monday Dinner





Well, it took exactly 2 1/2 days to deplete my entire freezer and pantry.  Leftovers?  What leftovers?  My boys can eat.  I don't think I can make it without shopping this week and my menu is going to have to be adjusted due to lack of supplies (even though I had everything I needed on Sunday).  However, I still want to use up what's left in my pantry.... even though I may not be able to avoid the grocery store. 


Vegetarian recipes are going to be front and center, so here are my adjustments. Tuesday will be Wednesday's meal because Monday's meal had to become a "Pasta Toss".  The kids forgot that the beef roast was supposed to be for Monday's dinner and ate some of it for Monday's lunch. Wednesday's meal will be determined by what I get at the store.  I'll post my plan after I go, depending on what I find. Such is life, especially when I'm not here to suggest things to eat at lunchtime. 


Flexibility is my life. 


PASTA TOSS
Beef Roast Recipe--cooking liquid refrigerated and fat removed
1/2 lb rigatoni cooked very al dente
2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese


Heated remaining roast (about 1/2 the original amount) with the cooking liquid, boil until liquid has reduced a bit.  Mix the roast along with the al dente pasta and place in a greased 11 x 13 glass dish.  Cover with shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and dish is bubbly.  It doesn't bubble a significant amount because the liquid is absorbed by the noodles during the cooking process.


Let's just say that even though my original plan had to be scrapped, I would make the roast again just for the leftovers, so I could make this pasta.  I made these rolls along with a green salad for a complete meal.


Boy #2 made brownies for dessert which were really yummy.



Comments