Menu Plan 1/15/18


Happy {after the fact} New Year.  Obviously, I haven't gotten off to a very good start with meal planning or anything else for that matter.  I came down with the dreaded flu on Christmas Eve and honestly just this week have I begun to feel like eating or participating in anything fun.  Not only was I coughing, sneezing, etc., etc. but I was nauseous and had difficulty keeping even liquids down.  As a matter of fact I lost about ten pounds and my physician was so concerned that I had to have some additional testing to verify that I am truly on the mend.  Thank heavens I am on the road to recovery and now I can start my year off right.  I'm just going to pretend that this is the first week of the year and forget about the last three weeks.  Nope, I will not let the recent past define the tone for 2018.  

I haven't shopped for food for about four weeks now and my freezers are looking pretty bare.  We have used up all of the meat that I had stashed and eaten more than our fair share of restaurant and fast food items.  In a way,we have been on a pantry challenge and we didn't even know it, lol.  Ty received an Air Fryer for his birthday so I know that a lot of experimentation is going to be happening over the next few months.  To me, it is basically a convection oven (which I adore) that is portable.  The possibilities are endless with what we will be making.

Here are a few things that have happened since I have posted:

My youngest son graduated from college.  Yay!  These are my parents and him on the big day.

I can wear youth sized Converse and they cost a lot less.

We built the cutest gingerbread house right before Christmas.

My soon to be daughter in law put together this beautiful spread for a special Christmas Eve celebration.



SUNDAY
Chicken Wings (in the air fryer)
French Fries (air fryer)
Roasted Green Beans and Peppers

MONDAY
Leftover Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Leftover Barbecued Ham 
Fordhook Lima Beans

TUESDAY
or
Rolls

WEDNESDAY
Crockpot Chuck Roast with Gravy
Rice or Potatoes
Green Beans

THURSDAY
Beans

FRIDAY
Takeout


I'm easing my way back in to cooking and as you can see there isn't anything that is remotely complicated about these dishes.  This easy method is working well for us at this point.  I'm only shopping for menu ingredients that I am missing this week which should keep food costs low.. although the missing ingredients are meat along with vegetables so maybe not so low after all.  

Have a great week...stay well.


This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments