Menu Plan Monday 9/25/17

Last week we ate dishes that were comforting to us.  You know, the cheesy not so good for you kind that always sound yummy.  That indulgence felt like just what we needed after weathering Hurricane Irma.  Eating that way also helped to use items from our freezer before freezer burn had a chance to set in.

Have a great week!

LAST WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS:


**The Best Cast Iron Pizza--Karissa ain't lying about this and seriously, I didn't even follow the directions.  Since we live in the "sweat to death" state, aka Florida, I didn't feel like the dough needed to rise the 12-18 hours...at least not this time.  My house thermostat sits at a solid 79 degrees during the day so this dough had plenty of opportunity {about 6 hours} to rise and be really happy in its warm "under the plastic" environment.   Patting the dough in to the cast iron pan was simple enough and the dinner plates we use daily fit perfectly as a cover.  The picture below is prior to going in the oven, but notice there isn't any visible dough around the edges.  It is hard to tell, even in the picture above, but the crust just develops on  its own while in the oven {mine goes to 550 degrees F} and becomes so crispy and delicious.  Next time I will let the dough develop more and add more sauce and toppings.  I only used seasoned hamburger and mozzarella but the pizza possibilities are endless.  What I really need is another skillet so that I can make two at a time!


"Old World" Pasta with Artichoke Hearts--Always delicious.

**Slaw Dogs with Top Split Rolls--Why didn't I ever buy the top split kind??? So much easier.







THIS WEEK'S OPTIONS:



Comments

  1. I never would have thought of making pizza in a cast iron skillet. Brilliant! I'll be trying that soon. Thanks for sharing.

    We've got fettucini alfredo, tacos, an Indian crockpot meal, chicken and waffles, and sweet and sour pork chops on our menu this week.

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment