Menu Plan Monday 9/11/17--very late

Hurricane Irma pounded away at our fair state for several days this past weekend,  and to be honest, she's a grade A, number 1, pain in my rear.

No offense Mother Nature, and I do say that with the utmost respect. {I'm covering all the good juju bases}

Having no power since Sunday does not lend itself to planning meals, however, I have become quite the skilled grill master of things that aren't typically cooked there.  Jerk Chicken Bacon Grilled Cheese, anyone??  We have been running only the refrigerator and phone chargers with a small generator due to the gas shortage in our area {which seems to be resolving} so all of the food in the freezer has remained safe.  Because I'm not certain about the consistency of temperatures in my refrigerator, I am going to clean house in there and throw away any sort of questionable item.  It's time anyway and most of the condiments that will be thrown away I already have replacements for in my pantry.  Two birds with one stone and all that jazz.  Keep your fingers crossed that my power comes back on, OK?   I need to eat good, simple, clean stuff.  I'm no snob for a fast food fix occasionally but this is ridiculous.  I am so dying for a salad!!

My highlight recipe from last week couldn't be more simple to prepare.  Bucatini All'Amitriciana is absolutely delicious although I substituted quite a bit, using up a load of fresh tomatoes I had on hand.  No canned products whatsoever.  I used turkey bacon instead of the guanciale that I would never have on hand in my home.  Pasta water coated the bucatini with the tomato sauce beautifully.  Next week I'm making Basic Garlic Butter Tomato Sauce cause I wanna.  I need more tomato pasta in my life especially since the tomatoes happen to be very tasty this year.

Thai Beef with Basil didn't make my heart swell or bring a tear to my eye but I ate it all and Ty ate the rest so there weren't any leftovers.  I probably won't make this dish again.

Oven Baked Parmesan Tilapia is one of my favorite quick and easy meal.  Honestly, it's the homemade tartar sauce that I love. I've never posted my recipe..but I will, cross my heart, 'cause you will love it too.

Since the power went off, Lay's Sour Cream and Onion Chips are life.

Zippin' Zingin' Pear is a brand, spankin' new favorite.


Next week is brand new, yes I'm annoyed, and I feel inconvenienced, and I'm hot...well mostly hot. I'm hoping to start out this next week with power, cable, and all other modern conveniences but......there is significant devastation throughout our state and what right do I have to complain when my home is safe and standing.  When the power comes back on, I will be thankful for all that I have.


Comments