Sunday To Do List

I haven't made one of these in a while, but checking things off of a list is so satisfying I couldn't help myself ;)  Now...if I would have posted this on Sunday I would have really been on the ball.


  1. Water plants
  2. Clean off back porch
  3. Laundry
  4. Visit my Mom
  5. Iron clothes for the week, spray with starch first
  6. Spray inside and outside for bugs
  7. Straighten closet 
  8. Put away clothes
  9. Freeze taco meat, after making enchiladas for freezer (didn't get to this as the power went out)
  10. Chop veggies 
  11. Make guacamole (power out)
  12. Straighten freezer
  13. Look up info for August
  14. Clean off counters in bathroom, clean tub, toilet
  15. Wash rug
  16. Brine Shrimp
  17. Make marinade for steak
  18. Defrost chicken and make this for Ty
  19. Spray Round Up around exterior fence and on weeds in flower bed (have to get a new sprayer, the old/new one broke)
  20. Pack lunch--prep fruit etc for grab and go
  21. Prep for Tan and Jesse coming over
  22. Lowes-fans and doorknobs (just didn't get there)
  23. Shred cheese
  24. Load and unload dishwasher
  25. Shred leftover carnitas 
  26. See Tobie's counter tops
Ty didn't take a picture of the finished product but...this recipe is great!  I cooked this at 250 degrees F for about 5 hours and the meat was tender enough to shred easily with one fork.  When I was shopping for groceries yesterday, the pork shoulder roast just so happened to be on sale...I felt like fate had intervened and the universe placed a large arrow pointing at the roast saying "make me"!  I'm glad I listened.

Taco meat for the freezer.  After browning, I combined approximately 1.5 pounds of beef, and 1 pound of ground chicken, seasoned, and simmered until all of the flavors combined.  I allowed the meat to cool and separated the meat in to three, three cup bags.  A tip that I learned at Jessica's blog is to place items that you want to freeze in the refrigerator to completely cool down before freezing.  This significantly cuts down on ice crystals.

Comments