Menu Plan Monday 7/17/17

This past week was leaps and bounds better on the meal planning front.  Now, I'm not saying I followed any specific recipes because I actually never made it to the grocery store last weekend to purchase any fresh items. Tuesday brought a viral disaster that knocked me off of my game for the next couple of days and food was not even a thought in my mind.  By the time I was back on my feet, I decided to just get creative with what we already had.  None of the meals were flashy or new recipes,  but we had plenty.  And, bonus, I saved the money I would have spent at the store.  This weekend, I'm hoping to stash a few items in my freezer to cover me when I have another pseudo emergency like this past one.

HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST WEEK:
  
Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Aldi Organic White Shells with Cheese, Sauteed Okra

{adjust cooking time for boneless pieces, I cooked for 15 min, flipped and cooked for 15 more}

Springer Mountain Farms wings {found on sale for a great price...pretty tasty but Scott's Famous Wings are better}, Pearled Couscous, Baby Spinach Saute

Bucatini Pasta Toss
{fresh tomatoes, butter and olive oil, leftover chopped chicken breast with cheese}

Quiche {I start with this recipe and add whatever I have on hand.  This time bacon, green onions, a bit of mozzarella, feta, and pepper jack cheeses}  Corn Hash {fresh corn sliced off the cob, orange bell pepper, onion, butter, and seasonings sauteed in a cast iron skillet until crisp tender}, Roasted Fresh Okra


THIS WEEK'S OPTIONS


Pioneer Woman Simple Perfect Enchiladas {freezer meal}, two pans











Taco Stuffed Potatoes
{I have got to take a picture when I make these..super quick weeknight meal}

DESSERT OPTIONS:




I have lots of options available for this week even though sometimes that works against me.  Too many choices and all that, but this way my creativity won't be stifled by a set in stone menu.  At least that's the reasoning my mind is going with this week.

Have a happy, healthy week and even though the temperatures are outrageous, I'm hoping to be outside this weekend making some memories.

Wishing you Sunshine and Cool Breezes {relatively, of course} for the days ahead...xoxoxo

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments