Grilled Thin Pork Chops Review

I went rogue yesterday and made what you see above with great success...at least in my mind.  This was just what I wanted, exactly when I wanted it.  I was concerned about grilling these thin chops but decided I really didn't want to eat them any other way so, I brined them and crossed my fingers.  I seasoned, and then grilled them for four minutes on one side, two on the other.  They were delicious.  Who knew that such a simple step makes a chop its best self.  
I roasted one sweet potato and one regular potato dressed with olive oil and salt and pepper in a 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes leaving me plenty of time to prepare the salad.  I liked this salad...but I didn't love it.  I followed the directions exactly and even measured 1/8 tsp salt to the dressing.  I dunno, I'm on kick these day that has me adding fruit and feta to all things salad.  Regardless, I'm eating leftovers for lunch so I liked it well enough 😏
Truly, I wish I was cooking tonight but I have to go to a business dinner. The recipe I posted for Chicken Florentine is calling to me but will have to wait until the weekend.

I also made this recipe that used up some odds and ends in my pantry, quite nicely I might add.  Instead of mixed nuts, I measured my own using cashews, almonds, and peanuts.  For the life of me, I couldn't find any ground ginger in my cabinet so I used a bit more cinnamon.  This is a fantastic sweet and savory snack that is just a little different and perfect for any occasion.


Comments