Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches aka Egg McMuffins

I was on a breakfast kick last week and made these sandwiches for the freezer to keep my teen boy with a voracious appetite satisfied.  I didn't want to stand at the stove and cook all of the eggs separately so I used a muffin tin and popped them in a 350 degree oven.  We tend to like our yolks softer than the fast food version so I decreased the recommended cooking time, leaving the yolks softer than you would normally find.  Tavern ham and Swiss cheese give this common breakfast item a bit of an upgrade.
I wrapped each sandwich individually in plastic wrap then placed them all in a storage bag for the freezer.  A quick breakfast is only 2 minutes on 50% power in the microwave because when you are a teenager you don't have a lot of extra time 😉





Comments