Blueberry Coconut Crisp

I had my son and soon to be daughter in law over last night for dinner.  Since I made a generalized plan to cook with an easy weeknight meal of grilled chicken and roasted veggies, I also had time to make a version of this Blueberry Coconut Crisp {super simple also!}.  I used frozen berries {not 5 cups, I had about 4}, added some chopped pecans to the topping, used unsweetened coconut flakes, and overall didn't measure a thing.  We started talking about their upcoming vacation plans and didn't get around to eating dessert until it was almost dark resulting in no good pictures.
We topped the crisp with Ben and Jerry's
Image result for pistachio pistachio ben and jerry's review
Pistachio Pistachio
and

Fresh Market Whipped Cream
Photo Credit
Fresh Market whipped cream
which was a good choice...very good choice.
Needless to say, I am certain I'll be having another bowl tonight, so I'll try again to take a picture worthy of the taste of this yummy fruit dessert.
For the time being though, here is a picture of the original recipe.  I have to say mine looks really similar even though I used the recipe as more of, let's just say, a guideline.

Blueberry Crisp Recipe
Blueberry Coconut Crisp from Two Peas and their Pod


This post is linked to Delicious Dishes


Comments