Menu Plan Monday 6/27/16 and Weekly Happenings


On the menu this week, Eggplant Parmesan Stacks with Buttered Noodles

Things have been pretty hectic in my world and the heat outside has been out of control!  You would think it's September {the hottest month of the year here in 'ole Florida} and the countdown to cooler weather is just around the corner.  Unfortunately, we're not even close to that time of year and wow I can't even imagine what September is going to be like.  As a matter of fact, I should plan a trip somewhere cooler in September...hmmm, that's an idea to ponder.  
I didn't post a menu last week because I've been working or had appointments every day over the past fourteen.  Good news though, I didn't eat out not even once.  Now I have eaten a lot of weird combinations and not so balanced meals but who cares, right?  Thank God for the kindness of my family and my odd compulsion to stuff my pantry with obscure items that jump in to my grocery cart when I'm shopping. Truly, I was only lacking fresh fruit and veg since my crisper drawer was empty.  I say sometimes you just have to make it work with what you have.   I love, love fresh produce so I was really excited to restock on Saturday and spent a good part of the afternoon chopping, slicing, and preparing.  I did enough that I can confidently say I'll be in salad for at least lunches for Monday through Friday this next week.  Yay!



grilled burgers, mac and cheese, and roasted broccoli

tomatoes with greek yogurt feta sauce

toasted roasted vegetable sandwich on cuban bread..doesn't look so good but tasted great




My weekly food prep:

Saturday
  1. Chopped:  mango, kiwi, tomatoes, green onions, onion, peppers
  2. Made my favorite honey roasted tomatoes
  3. Made peanut butter waffles for the freezer using Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter
  4. Marinated strip steaks
  5. Cooked rice for freezer for quick stir fry
  6. Made cilantro lime butter for the grilled corn
  7. Prepped campfire cones
  8. Pre Roasted Asparagus
peanut butter waffles

grilled steak, roasted asparagus, and grilled corn with cilantro lime butter

campfire cones--I want to add fresh fruit next time
Sunday
heading to the store for a few more fresh items
  1. Make bacon and spinach quiche for the freezer
  2. Chop grapes
  3. Shred cheese
  4. Make pudding
  5. Chop lettuce
  6. Put cooled rice in freezer bags


Meal Ideas:
  1. Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
  2. Southwest Chicken Breasts {freezer meal} with Mango Avocado Salsa
  3. Homemade Pizza
  4. Thai Green Curry Fried Rice 
  5. Bacon and Spinach Quiche {freezer meal} and another resource for quiche
  6. Mom's Macaroni Salad-with chicken or Pesto Penne and Cheese
bacon and spinach quiche prior to freezing



A friend has an over abundance of habanero peppers in her garden and Tan has a burning desire for really hot food...he's planning on making jelly.  The recipe he's using calls for six cups of sugar.  He might just burn his face off or if he's lucky it will be a "balanced" heat....as if, lol.

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments