Menu Plan Monday 4/4/16 and Recipe Review


Hello Fresh meal Citrus Skillet Shrimp is delightfully delicious.  I especially loved the crispy potato rounds.

Trisha Yearwood's Black Bean Lasagna {without cheese I might add}, won me over!

You would think by the picture that the end result would be dry...but, nuh uh.  I enjoyed this immensely and will be making a couple for the freezer to use up my BOGO tofu.

Hello Fresh Seared Steak with Spring Succotash didn't float my boat at. all.
I just didn't care for the flavors although I ate it :(



This week is all me on the recipe front and three things must happen:

1.  I have to prepare over the weekend with lots of chopping to be able to do this easily.
2.  I have to be creative with the menu plan and use what I have in the pantry. {I'm doing my best and have been moderately successful}
3.  Find recipes that can be modified to two servings or less. {or plan to take portions to my family}

I've been craving certain things, especially spring like vegetables and salads.  I plan to color my plate with every shade of the rainbow this week.

Here are some suggestions for what I might make for myself and those I love.
Chia Pudding--for lunches/breakfasts
Easy Southwestern Rice Casserole--using up brown instant rice
Easy Cherry Pie Bars--using up cherry pie filling
Smoked Turkey Sausage with Onion and Peppers on Toasted Ciabatta Rolls--Ingredients need used.
Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad
Summer Fruit and Spinach Salad
Twice Baked Potatoes (for the freezer)--Turkey Taco Topped Baked Potatoes for Dinner
Bucatini Carbonara--Got all the stuff.
Tandy Cake--Got it all.
Greek Yogurt Lemon Cheesecake Bars--I have a frig full of lemons.
Tomato, Pesto, Goat Cheese Tart--Have tomatoes, puff pastry, and goat cheese.
Fresh Strawberry Cake--Need to use strawberry jam.
Ham and Gruyere Quiche--For the freezer.

I'm certain not all of these recipes will be made but having a multitude of options well..gives me options :)
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com











Comments