Day Off Chores and Blueberry Muffin Review

Yesterday, I spent the entire day holed up in my house doing those sorts of chores that one typically avoids.  Taxes being at the top of my personal list.  I knew that I wasn't going to owe any money to the government and I use a tax prep system that holds my hand through the process, but for some reason, I always dread the process.  I also needed to do some filing...another chore that I. can. not. stand.  Suffice it to say, I make piles, lots of piles.  
Today, though, I feel so light and carefree :)

I also did a lot of other things {avoidance being the reason}, that will make my life easier over the next few days and weeks.

Boiled eggs for lunches.
Made quiche {using up lunch meat and milk for no waste}.
Baked and crumbled one pound of bacon.
Defrosted and browned 1/2 pound turkey.
Made blueberries muffins.
Laundry {all, and put everything away including the hanging stuff}.
 Ironed uniforms.
Made two thin crust pizzas for the freezer.
Sauteed onions, peppers, and homemade turkey sausage for pizza toppings.
Washed dog bedding.
Cleaned the kitchen
Ran the dishwasher and put away dishes
Picked up ice {on my way to Mom's}
Fueled up the car {also on my way to Mom's}

The blueberries in my frig needed to be used and I quite literally picked the first recipe that popped up on the "Googler". {I was in a rush so I could get to my parents house for dinner.} In retrospect, I probably should have spent a little more time researching.....or....since the berries were tart {my absolute favorite way to eat them} I should have upped the sugar by half.  Regardless, this recipe is definitely simple....the best, no. 
Florida's blueberry season starts at the beginning of April, which gives me plenty of opportunities to perfect this delightful dessert.   
I'm thinking this, maybe this, and especially this recipe are ones that deserve a shot.  
I'm hoping that one of these recipes will become my "go to" when I have a hankering for muffins aka little baby cakes that I delude myself in to thinking is better for me because they don't have frosting.
Yeh, that works for me :)

Comments