Big Honkin' Green Salad--30 Minute Meal



I have to start this post by talking about my newest very favorite salad dressing ever!!!
{yes three exclamation points are necessary}
I ventured in to The Ancient Olive store last weekend and now I'm in love.  This store allows you to sample different types of olive oils and aged balsamic vinegars (white and regular) to your heart's desire.  The combination possibilities are enormous.
Despite tasting every flavor combo suggested to me, I settled on:

Ripe Peach White Balsamic Vinegar
and
Wild Fernleaf Dill Infused Olive Oil

When these two are mixed together some kind of magic happens and makes me open the refrigerator and start chopping salad fixin's.  It's that good, cause nobody wants to chop salad stuff unless you have lots of extra time and most importantly patience.  Even the girls at work whose tastes run towards the bottled salad dressing variety said that they would pretty much drink the stuff.


I topped a spring mix {no chopping necessary since it was on sale Yay!} with strawberries, chicken breast, sliced almonds, feta cheese, and bacon bits.  The peachy dill dressing was delightful poured over this salad, so much so that I ate this for dinner last night and again for lunch today.

I cannot recommend enough that you should stop by an olive oil/balsamic vinegar store such as The Ancient Olive should you come across one.  My thoughts on marinades, salad dressings, and sauces is forever changed.
Mind blown :)


Comments