A Well Stocked Pantry=30 Minute Meal

pre baked

When I arrived home last night, I was starving...no real reason just really hungry and wanting something that was meaty and apparently cheesy.
Everything in this dish was available either in my freezer, refrigerator, or pantry.  The ground turkey was in the freezer {pre cooked}, the cheese in the frig {although I had to grate it}, and the taco shells were in my pantry.  The prep took about fifteen minutes and the bake time an additional fifteen.  Total for a hearty, easy meal was all inclusive at thirty minutes.
Now y'all, fast food has a place in my heart but eating at home for the budget and keeping my body in check {swimsuit season is here} is always my goal.  Someone repeated my belief the other day on  Periscope that you can "eat junk food as much as you want...but you just have to make it at home". 
Uh huh, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

yes, please!

Oven Baked Tacos
6 corn tortilla taco shells
1/2 pound browned ground turkey, chicken, or beef
1/2 package taco seasoning or homemade equivalent
1/2 can Rotel Tomatoes
Shredded cheese of choice, I used White American

After browning ground meat, drain and return to pan.  Add seasonings and tomatoes. Cook according to package directions with approximately 1/4-1/2 cup added water.  I tend to use less as I like a more dry mixture so the shells remain crunchy. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.  Fill shells with meat and top with cheese.  Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.  Top with any combination of chopped lettuce, tomatoes, avocado chunks, salsa, and sour cream.  Enjoy!

Comments