30 Minute Meal--Chicken Bacon Subs and Roasted Asparagus


Sandwiches might not be your idea of dinner, but to me, they rank right up there with the most exquisite of meals.  Toasted bread, moist chicken, and melted cheese, what else can you ask for?
Besides, I only dirtied one dish to get this delightful sandwich and a fresh vegetable so that's a win in my book.
 Roasting asparagus couldn't be easier and putting together these Chicken Bacon Sandwiches inspired by Life as Mom are also about as simple as it gets.  That is if you have all the ingredients in your freezer ripe for the picking.
{Seriously, thanks to Jessica at Good Cheap Eats for freezer meal inspiration}
I wrapped the assembled sandwiches in foil and {one for dinner, the second for lunch the next day} placed them at one end of the sheet pan, the asparagus at the other, baking them both at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Not only was this meal exactly what I wanted at the moment, I only had to wash one cooking vessel to put my kitchen back in order.
My idea of fun is evolving a bit recently, I used to enjoy cooking all new recipes all the time, like for every meal, but new recipes are serious mess makers.  If I had a built in dish washer, mess cleaner upper{aka Ty} I would probably still be in the throes of recipe experimentation.
But since I don't, I'm not.
That's why dinners like this one will be starring here frequently.
30 minutes and one pot or pan are decidedly my new coping mechanisms.



Comments