Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Review

On Sunday I decided that I needed me some cookies and the recipe that called my name was this one.  When I read all of the comments stating that you could add just about any combination of tasty ingredients I was on it like white on rice.  My mix ins were Ghiradelli chocolate chips and pecans but I can think of a myriad of delicious things like dried blueberries, lemon zest, and walnuts or dried cherries and chocolate chips to add to this easy mix.

I also did something that I know breaks a major rule in the baking world.
Wait for it.....

I used self rising flour in place of all purpose with added baking soda, and baking powder.

{gasp}
And guess what?
It worked beautifully!
{I did however, measure the flour correctly, spooning it in to the cup measure and leveling without packing if that makes a difference}

I only cooked nine of the cookies, freezing the dough in individual portions to pop in the oven on an evening that I want a fresh cookie.  Self imposed will power I say.

This is a good one and so versatile.  I'd say anything goes...let your imagination lead the way.



Comments