Menu Plan Monday 1/25/16

I went rogue with the menu plan last week...and I loved my choices, but, this week I'm back to Hello Fresh and I'm thrilled.  The portion controlled, not a lot of cheese options are helping me eat healthfully without even trying.  My only complaint previously was the time invested to make these dishes but now that I'm familiar with the "hello fresh" cooking style I'm loving it.  Using the oven {as most of the recipes I've tried do} though during the summer will present a problem for this Florida household so I'll have to reevaluate when the heat hits.  I like to use the grill and stove top for that season to decrease my a/c workload {and bill}.

I made bean souppeanutty chicken pasta, and tex-mex cheese enchiladas  {for the freezer} on the savory side and a delicious made to serve one dessert that I have been wanting to try for months! The dessert recipe that I modeled this after used an entire sheet of pastry and because I'm cooking for one, I didn't want to waste the ingredients.  Lucky for me there was a BOGO for individual pastry cups which sidelined any frugal hesitation that I might have.  
Dessert of the Week
Puff Pastry Cups with Lemon Curd Cream and Fresh Berries
1 frozen puff pastry cup baked as directed and cooled
2 tbs commercially prepared lemon curd
2 tbs whipped cream
blueberries, raspberries
additional whipped cream for topping.
Mix the curd and whipped cream until combined.  Place the curd in the bottom of the pastry cup with and assortment of berries over the top.  Dollop with additional cream and fruit as desired.....Yes, please.

I wasn't able to get to a couple of the meals I had planned for this past week because I totally forgot about a few events that I was going to attend.  My cooking club met Tuesday night, and my Mom's birthday was Friday so I kabashed the chicken salad, and the turkey meatballs in favor of dining with friends and family.  I might revisit these recipes....or maybe not.  I'm an equal opportunity recipe tryer.

I posted this picture and this one of my delivered meals from week before last with my favorite being a tie between the shrimp and the steak. The chicken was okay but my version of chicken cutlet is better...to me at least.  I'm a fan of leftovers so three delivered meals for one person feeds me for the week and frees up time in the evenings to do other things besides cook and clean the kitchen.

This week my choices from Hello Fresh are:
Oven-Roasted Chicken with Winter Vegetables, Basmati Rice, and Lemon-Thyme Pan Sauce    Quick-Marinated Steak with Broiled Balsamic Vegetables   
Roasted Chicken With Veg                          Seared Steak with Balsamic Veg

Pork and Apple Burger with Rosemary Potatoes and Mixed Green Salad
Pork and Apple Burger


I'll post pictures of the finished product after I make each one.  My plates never look as professional but they certainly taste delicious.

My delivery isn't scheduled until Wednesday so I'll be cooking some of my own recipes {or some of my saves} over the weekend, Monday and Tuesday.  Here's my options:


I may make all of these or only a few...it depends on how industrious I get over the weekend. Happy cooking {and cleaning dishes} to you.

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments

  1. We love Hello Fresh and Home Chef! The quality of the ingredients are SO good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment