Menu Plan Monday 1/18/16

So I'm taking a break from HelloFresh this week to see what my budget will be when shopping for planned meals.  So far, I think I may fare better in the short term monetarily wise with HelloFresh {super surprised}, but satisfaction level and ease of prep may weigh heavier towards the plan your meals yourself and take your bum to the grocery store side.  Since I worked this past weekend, and decided to be kind to myself by taking it really {staying home and watching movies and reading books} easy in an attempt to rid my body of this nagging "chest cold", {aka bronchitis} I was able to prep ingredients to make things super simple for this week.
Cold weather has finally arrived to Florida and necessitates that I make some comfort food.  A pot of bean soup is quietly bubbling and homemade bread is rising as I type.  I love the feeling created in the house when the kitchen is in full use.  Something baking, something simmering, and a sink full of dishes {and we all know how much I love dishes} is my weekend utopia.  Heck, I might even light a fire for ambiance during my Saturday night Hallmark Original movie to complete the vision.

I. am. a. Party. Animal.

Sunshine and kisses xoxo

SATURDAY
Bean Soup
Homemade Bread
To Do:  Pick up lunch meat and veg from grocery

SUNDAY
Pan-Seared Steak with Roasted Butternut Squash and Green Beans Almondine
Pan Seared Steak with Roasted Butternut Squash and Green Beans
Roasted Potatoes
{these need to be cooked}
To Do:  Pack lunch, chop veggies, make yogurt cups, make refrigerator oats, easy oatmealJulia Child's tarte aux pommes, boil eggs.

MONDAY
Leftovers

TUESDAY
{using powdered peanut butter}
Spinach Salad
To Do: Take out ground turkey, but nothing else, all veggies are chopped.

WEDNESDAY
Lighter Apple Pecan Chicken Salad | Creme de la Crumb
Leftover Spinach Salad
To Do:  Make enchiladas, make turkey meatballs, boil eggs.

THURSDAY
Detail sfs tex mexenchilladas 27
Tex Mex Enchiladas
Tex Mex Enchiladas
(making two or three pans for freezer, I needed a dose of cheese which I've been staying away from)
Roasted Broccoli, Green Beans, Carrots
To Do:  Nothing, turkey meatballs in the frig ready to go!

FRIDAY
Skillet Turkey Meatballs with Lemon Rice
Turkey Meatball Skillet
Leftover Roasted Veggies

My review and menu plan of hellofresh last week might have been a little critical of the time investment required.  Now that I've been making the meals, the instructions have become easier since I have an idea of what to expect.  The dirty dish quotient, however, remains the same, lol.  

Love this dish!  Simple to make and worthy of making for guests.

I thought this would be my favorite and it was good (but not the best of the week) because I'm in love with this version. 

Haven't made Pan Seared Steak with Roasted Butternut Squash and Green Beans Almondine yet, but I have high hopes.


This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments