Mmmm, what I made for dinner last night.

Since I had a pre operative appointment yesterday morning {too early on my day off for sure} and I had lunch with a sweet friend {who I don't get to see enough of}, my cooking plans weren't executed exactly the way I wanted.  I didn't have crunchy taco shells {for oven baked tacos} in my pantry because I let my college boy go shopping in there....but having necessary ingredients is so not my style.  I happily meshed two recipes together and came up with a bona fide hit!

{I was hungry and my pictures show that...I'll have to take a better pic next time}
I used the cooking instructions from these Baked Chicken Chimichangas and the filling from these Oven Baked Beef Tacos {except I used ground turkey}.  

VERDICT:  We loved these, especially because the turkey tastes so much lighter than beef.


I also made a version of this Zucchini, Bacon, and Rice casserole.  I followed Roxana's recipe instead of SnoWhite's since my ham wasn't defrosted.  It comes together very simply and I think I'll make another version at some point adding some additional seasonings to the mix.  This one is a great way to use up odds and ends from your frig. {half of the large container of cottage cheese, half blocks of cheese, two zucchini, bacon pieces etc}

VERDICT:  I'm eating this leftover for dinner....so it's definitely not bad, but I will tweak the next time I make it.



Comments