Menu Plan Monday 9/28/15

It's going on three weeks since I've eaten in a restaurant {small detour with the food and wine festival} and my body is feeling much, much better.  I've also been heading to bed earlier, but I'm getting up earlier too.  That must be my natural bio rhythm.

If I lived on the beach, I'd get up even earlier...walk on the sand....enjoy the sunrise.

A girl can dream, right? {or win the pch}

My post on Thursday last week reviewed a nice, relaxing weekend without any stress which was a little different than the one that just passed.  I headed, with my youngest son, to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival on Saturday where we stuffed our faces with all of this year's best samplings.  Our favorites were the Kefta at Morocco, Butter Chicken on Naan Bread in Africa, and the Loaded Mac and Cheese at the Farm Fresh Stand. Truly we weren't able to try everything..the lines were outrageous.  Can I just say I love Disney even with lines to infinity and beyond? {what a Disney dork, huh} Everything is truly magical when
I'm there.

I'm back to the real world now though, which means cooking, and cooking, and then cooking just a little more.  My mantra:  If you cook at home you fuel your body with the right stuff and ultimately feel great.  I keep repeating this over and over to myself as I unload the dishwasher at least five times per week. {my most hated chore}

Here's what I'm cooking this week.


SUNDAY
Green Veg
To Do:  Finish up laundry, take leftover chicken off the bone, put bones in crock for stock, shred cheese, defrost beans.

MONDAY
Baked Chicken Chimichangas
I'm using taco size wraps so mine might just be baked crispy tacos
Pintos with Cheese and Salsa
To Do: Put sausage in frig

TUESDAY
Green Salad
To Do:  put steaks in frig

WEDNESDAY
Grilled Ribeye Steak
Baked Potatoes
Grilled Green Beans
To Do:  Make dessert, make up crock.

THURSDAY
Easy to Make Slow Cooker Pork Roast | Frugal Family Home
Couscous
Green Veg
To Do:  Nothing! tomorrow is Friday!

FRIDAY
Leftovers

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com




Comments