Weekly Recipe Review



I made Peanutty Chicken Pasta for Tanner's birthday requested meal.  I had planned to make it one day then something happened, then another...and yet again something happened.  So when I finally got around to making this about four days after his birthday, I was able to release the Mom guilt that happens when you want your kid's birthday day to be completely, absolutely perfect.
Even though the pictures aren't really crisp and clear and the color is blah, this dish is his all time favorite that I make.  I made some changes this time and attempted to make the sauce more "liquidy" and tried to adhere to the "less is more" on the peanut butter front. 

{This is what we prefer our meal to look like}

Verdict:  Don't mess with success but do add fresh grated ginger and cilantro.

The second meal that I made this week is almost as an appealing photograph as the other. 
{So. Not. True}

What was I thinking using a yellow plate?  Honestly, I was hungry and it was the one on top of the stack.  Regardless, this chicken cordon bleu casserole is another family favorite that's probably better suited for cold weather. {You have to heat up the oven and therefore the house} I had the majority of the ingredients in the freezer and cabinet so even though the weather might have been wrong...the economy of this dish felt very right.
Since only two of us are eating full time for the most part I half this recipe and truly follow it to almost exactly.  I like to use grated swiss cheese that I can buy from Aldi rather than deli slices.  It saves me the aggravation of waiting in the line and avoid paying ridiculous prices for the deli version.

{Out of the oven..you can still see the bubbling on the bottom right}


Verdict:  Will make this over and over again especially when I have pre cooked chopped frozen ham and chicken in the freezer.

The last meal I wanted to review is the Ultimate Grilled Pork Chops.  With two hungry young men on my heels I forgot to take a picture of the end result but I can assure you that they looked almost identical to the picture in the link.  In addition to these we had crock pot baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and sauteed squash with mushrooms and onions.  A true meat and three blue plate special! {albeit a little heavy on the yellow with absolutely no green to balance}

Verdict:  Learn your grill ladies...there's nothing better in the summer.

Lemon Berry Cheesecake Puff Pastries
Next week things will settle down after Graduation is over and I hope to have more homemade stuff coming out of my kitchen.  I'm thinking some lemon berry cheesecake tarts are what this girl needs....it's fruit so it must be healthy, right?



Comments