Menu Plan Monday 6/29/2015 and Weekly Recipe Review

I truly made it through the week without buying any new items for my frig/freezer with the exception of a few lunch items,  Fresh lettuce, yogurt, and fruit rounded out our week.  No real weekly recipe review (I'll do it for you below) since I only cooked a couple of times and supplemented with a frozen pizza for my Wednesday and Thursday meals.  I'm back home from house sitting and this coming week I am gonna cook like a fiend!

CHEESY CHICKEN LENTILS
This lentil casserole is completely delicious!  I substituted rotisserie chicken for the bacon and only used one cup of the soaked lentils (I soaked them for about 18 hours changing the water 2-3 times).  However, I kept the cheese total amount almost the same as the original recipe that uses the whole bag of lentils,,,,I know..... slap my hand or something, but the end result is something to write home about, for sure.
My 22 year old ate a healthy serving and thought it was delicious,
Even with both of us eating dinner with a green salad, there was enough to have 2 filling lunch servings too.

VERDICT:  We will make this again, and again.  As a matter of fact I think this recipe has usurped our previous favorite of Lentil Tacos.

This is my new favorite fancy salad to make,  I'm crushing on the Worcestershire lemon juice that is put over the lettuce prior to dressing it with a garlic vinaigrette mixture.

GRANNY'S BLUEBERRY COBBLER

It looks like it's overly brown but,,,it works!

Now truly that's ALL that I made this week.

I'm hangry!  So with that being said I'm truly needing real meals at real times that are filling and complete (a meat, starch, and a veggie).  So here goes for this week...I'm mainly cooking for myself since Tan is house sitting this week.  He said he "might" be around for dinner though so we'll see...

SUNDAY
Green Salad
To Do:  Brown ground beef, make lunch, laundry, shopping, call Ty

MONDAY
Basmati Rice
Peas (Green or Snow)
To Do:  Put chicken in the frig


TUESDAY
Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat - Tastes just like Panda Express except it takes just minutes to whip up and tastes a million times better!
Grilled Chicken with Litehouse Freeze Dried Poultry Seasoning
(I'm trying the seasoning for the first time)
Grilled Broccoli
To Do:  Put pork in Marinade in the frig


WEDNESDAY

grilled balsamic pork chops with basil and dijon
Couscous
Green Beans on the Grill
To Do:  Put hashbrowns in the frig, cook wings in oven

THURSDAY
Slow-Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Hashbrowns


FRIDAY
YOYO


Dessert of the week and I can't wait!!
Coconut Crunch Pie

That's it...I think I won't wake up hangry for at least 5 days thank goodness!  Since all of my recipes are new this week...I reserve the right to flake for a day, especially since I will probably be working late most days.  On the days that I truly cook,  I will take lots of pictures of my successes and flops ;o)
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments

Post a Comment