Menu Plan Monday 5/11/15


Happy Monday, again.  A few good things have happened over the last week.  {I am so satisfying my love for list making right now}
  1. Our menu went according to plan.
  2. I have all of my plants in the ground with mulch around them.
  3. I taught my youngest how to drive a stick shift car.
  4. My grill is back in action.  {yay, no more heatin' up the house}
  5. I'm consistently trying new recipes.
  6. I received a letter from my youngest son written while he was a fifth grader {his teacher, Mr. Savage, is a wonderful thoughtful man} 
  7. My oldest son has become the handy man I so, so need!
  8. Last but not least, I am blessed with a pantry/freezer full of food. {some of which has been purchased for a significant reduction, organic chicken for $1.25/lb}
We had a few favorite recipes over the last few weeks including Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice CasseroleCalifornia Slaw and as always Restaurant Style Queso.   Next time I'm gonna only make half of the casserole....my kids aren't super big fans of leftover chicken and rice but, I am. The recipe says that you only need an 8x8 pan or something like that but mine easily filled a 9x13 baking dish and could have fed my entire extended family.  The slaw is super simple and holds up for a few days in the frig which provides me with a healthier lunch option {chips or crackers, the fat and calories add up fast}.  The queso is absolutely delicious and uses real ingredients.  Even though you think you might end up with a gooey mess it really cleans up easily.  


Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice Casserole, it tastes so much better than this picture shows

My lunch, not much color but the extra effort in the evening pays off at noon.


Even though I do consider this last week a success on the planning front, I may have a few carryovers since I didn't cook every night.  When the boys are working and leftovers are available, I definitely don't make a kitchen mess, lol.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.....may your day be a relaxing one spent doing exactly what you want.....and may your time be spent with exactly who you want.


SATURDAY
 Spinach Salad with Chicken and Strawberries
To Do:  Prepare burgers, make Macaroni Salad, make quiche for freezer




SUNDAY
Perfect Cheeseburger
{using this layering order and the burger/fry sauce}
or

Maw Maw's Hamburger Surprise
Baked Fries, Orzo Salad or Macaroni Salad 
Sliced Lettuce/Tomatoes 
or
Kid's Cook For Mom Surprise??
To Do: Put quiche in frig to defrost 


MONDAY
Ham and Gruyere Quiche with Leeks | Good Cheap Eats
Ham and Gruyere (I'm using Swiss) Quiche
Green Salad 
To Do:  Put chorizo in frig


TUESDAY

Papas Con Chorizo
Avocado Salad
{I'm not adding cheese, going to make a sausage potato thing but using this as a guideline}
Corn
To Do:  Put chicken in the frig


WEDNESDAY

Mushroom Chicken with Green Beans
Rice Pilaf
To Do:  Make some sort of dessert for the week, straighten the freezer, pantry, and frig.  Shop for fresh stuff and meat deals, put pork in the frig, set up crock for baked potatoes

THURSDAY
Image result for pictures of grilled PORK CHOPS
Grilled Pork Chops with this Brine
{repeat}
Baked Potatoes
Green Peas
To Do:  Nothing, tomorrow is Friday.

FRIDAY
YOYO


I truly have everything to make my entire menu with the exception of fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onions, and mushrooms so I'm hitting up the produce department this weekend for those.  I'll be chopping away on Saturday so I can decrease my workload during the week.
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com  





Comments

  1. There aren't many things I love more thank pork chops! Those ones look amazing too!! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try that brine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brine is great and I only soaked the pork chops for the minimum recommended time when I made them before. Hope you enjoy :)

      Delete

Post a Comment