Two Recipe Reviews from Blogland

So I'm going to reference this recipe as my inspiration but really....I made my own.

It was dee-licious.

In fact my youngest son said "Why do you always make the good stuff when I'm cutting{dieting}" to which I replied "Eat everything in moderation and you'll never have to utter those words again".

Life is too short not to eat chocolate cake when you want...just saying.

I'm sure he threw his "cutting" diet right out the window this morning when he realized that there were leftovers in the frig.

He probably licked the container after he was done eating.

It's a boy thing.


HAM AND SWISS, ONE PAN PASTA

1/2 medium onion chopped
1/3 yellow bell pepper chopped
8 oz chopped ham
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
1/2 cup water
5-6 oz dried large elbows (or similar sized pasta)
4 oz frozen sugar snap peas
4 oz swiss cheese grated (please grate your own)
1/3 cup heavy cream (could use whole milk, half and half, or light cream)
2 tbs butter

Place butter, onion, bell pepper, and ham in a large skillet.  Cook on medium high heat until vegetables are softened and all of the ingredients are light brown.  Add the broth, water, and pasta; bring to a full boil.  Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium (to allow for a slow boil) and cook for approx 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until pasta is tender. Most of the liquid should be absorbed at this time.   Reduce the heat to medium low and stir in the snap peas and cream.  Leave the burner on until the everything is combined. Spread the cheese over the pasta, cover the pan and turn the burner off.  Set the timer for 7 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.  Alternate method to melt the cheese:  Place skillet under the broiler for 3 minutes until cheese is melted and browned.

This is not my picture, but it looked like this.
It was dark.
Hopefully I'll remember next time



SLOW COOKER REVIEW
So I completely forgot that I made this from my list a few weeks ago and I now will eat pork from a crock again.  You see I've had some miserable experiences with dried out plain 'ole disgusting tasting pork when I use my crock pot. This by far kills any other recipe that I have ever made.  Could be I followed the directions, lol.
Of course no picture...I swear the next post will show my creations, but I wanted to share.
Remember, don't cook 2 lbs for more than 6 hours.
{We only cooked ours for 5 hours and it was perfect}
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Maple Syrup




Comments