"The I swear I'm making this as soon as I get home" Recipe Review--Taco Pizza/Flatbread




So this is my rendition of Melanie Makes Taco Pizza/Flatbread.  The whole reason I decided to make her version instead of mine was that the recipe called for Frito corn chips and as you can see I didn't even use them. It seemed like overkill at the time.  The chipotle ranch sauce is a lighter version of the plain sour cream that I've used in the past.  We happen to like our "sauce" a little thicker so if I make this again, I'll reduce the amount of milk that's added.  If you've never made a taco type pizza, this is a good place to start.  Knowing myself as well as I do, I probably won't take the time to make the chipotle cream sauce.  In my humble opinion, the sauce isn't a significant flavor improvement over the sour cream that I have used in the past.  I do love the idea to switch the sour cream to 0% plain greek yogurt which will add a healthier element to the old way of making this.

Caramel Apple
Okay, yet again I didn't follow the recipe apparently due to my inability to read it completely.  I didn't cut the apple this way and I didn't even add any brown sugar or butter.  All I did was cut the apples, scoop the center, then throw a caramel in the center and bake 'em.  Oh yeah, and I poured a little orange juice on the bottom of the glass dish to keep them moist and to not stick.  Even though my way is less calories from the get go, adding the leftover whipped cream icing {from Mom's birthday cupcakes} put them right on par with the original recipe.

I forgot how much I love baked apples.

Next time I'll add the brown sugar and butter.

Three down, one to go for this week.


Comments