Menu Plan Monday 09/08/14



So I work in a hospital and you'd think I would remember a major change in philosophy of care within our walls, right?  Nope, I didn't remember that babies don't go back to the nursery at night (or during exams etc) to be cared for by people who were trained to do such a job.  I just now vaguely remember a blurb on our intranet that our company was pleased to announce "full time rooming in for new mamas and babies"....uhummm...well okay.  It actually is fantastic that a new mama and daddy get to have complete access to their new little one, but for those new mamas that have delivered their bundle by surgery......one full night of sleep works wonders for the healing process (and the psyche).
But let's get down do the real reason that I'm even mentioning this.  And yes, I know this reasoning is completely self serving, but here it is.
I want to see babies! I want to go stand outside the window of the nursery, and just look at them with all of their pink, cuddly goodness and I'm super sad I can't anymore.
Just a little peek in to my world :) and our next week's menu. You may notice a few repeats as my cooking last week was just about nil/nada/nothing. And....my oven is broken so everything is crockpot or on top of the stove.  Have a happy week my friends!

SUNDAY

Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken
Grilled Asparagus

MONDAY
Summer Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Summer Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
or
Balsamic Roast Beef
Tater Tots
Stove Top Green Beans

TUESDAY

Twice Baked Potatoes
(Freezer)
Green Salad

WEDNESDAY
Eating Out
(Local youth football fundraiser...already have the tickets, so Yay!)

THURSDAY
Image result for PICTURES OF GRILLED BRATWURST
Grilled Bratwurst
(boiling them first)
Haluski
Lima Beans

FRIDAY
YOYO

I think that's pretty good for only using the grill and the top of the stove.  It just figures that I'm craving my favorite roasted tomatoes, homemade pizza, and oven fried chicken right now!  Guess I'll call my good friend The Appliance Doctor and see what the diagnosis of my oven is...fingers crossed it's a simple fix.  If you are looking for some other menus and variety for your week head over to orgjunkie.com and surf around.  You are bound to find something that appeals to ya!


Comments