Monday Dinner

After I verified that the people in my house were eating, I cooked dinner.  Guess what?  They didn't eat.  It's a good thing I didn't make what I had planned or I might have bonked them on the head.
Actually I made hamburgers from the freezer that I jazzed up by cooking up some mushrooms, onions and seeded jalapenos.  And...I think I've found the secret to making hamburgers that are frozen as good as fresh ones that are grilled.  I'm cooking them on top of the stove rather than on the grill and get this...on low heat, while covered.  They remain moist and brown beautifully just like they do on the grill.  At the end of the cooking time, I piled the mushroom mix and some pepper jack cheese on top and allowed it to melt. And yes.....I made tater tots to go with!

All of the description above was to tell you that my freezer burgers are just as delicious as fresh ones as long as I change the cooking method a bit. My freezer experiment is working. And theoretically, I could have only had one pan to wash if I had only been cooking for myself and not the teenagers who want to eat and suddenly (when everything is being made) don't.

Swiss Mushroom Burgers
Mine looked like this but I forgot to snap a pic!

Comments